Amazon Dev Centre South Africa Vacancy Application Details.
The Amazon Dev Centre South Africa Jobs Vacancy application form, requirements, eligibility, available positions, qualifications needed, application guidelines, how to apply, closing date, and other important vacancies link are published here on Myapplications.co.za as obtained from the official Jobs Carriers website/portal.
Amazon Dev Centre South Africa Jobs Vacancy
- Currently enrolled in or received a Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering, information technology, or related fields (or graduated between 12 or six months ago).
- Experience with at least one functional scripting language (e.g., Perl, Python, Ruby, shell scripting)
- Knowledge of system, network, and OS.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the market leader and technology forerunner in the Cloud business. As a member of the AWS support team you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology, assisting a global list of companies and developers that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications. As a cloud support engineer, you will act as the ‘cloud ambassador’ across all the cloud products, arming our customers with required tools and tactics to get the most out of their product and support investment.
Would you like to use the latest cloud computing technologies? Do you have an interest in helping customers understand application architectures and integration approaches? Are you familiar with best practices for applications, servers, and networks? Do you want to be part of a customer facing technology team helping to ensure the success of AWS as a leading technology organization?
If you fit the description, you could be the person we are looking for. We are a group of smart people, passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world-class support is critical to customer success.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT FROM A LIFE AT AWS?
Each day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you:
- Learn and use groundbreaking technologies.
- Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide unique solutions to our customers.
- Interact with leading engineers around the world.
- Partner with AWS teams to help reproduce and resolve customer issues.
- Leverage customer support experience to provide feedback with AWS teams on how to improve.
- Drive customer communication during critical events.
- Drive projects that improve support-related processes and our customers’ technical support experience.
- Write tutorials, how-to videos, and other technical articles for the developer community.
- Work on critical, highly complex customer problems that may span multiple AWS services.
WHY AWS SUPPORT?
- First and foremost, this is a customer support role – in the Cloud.
- On a typical day, a support engineer will be primarily responsible for solving customer’s cases through customer contact channels (e.g., telephone, email, and web/live chat).
- You will apply troubleshooting techniques to provide solutions for our customers by thoughtfully working with customers to dive deep into the root cause of an issue.
- An AWS support engineer may also develop and train, partner with development teams on complex issues or contact deflection initiatives, participate in new hiring, write tools/script to help the team, or work with leadership on process improvement and strategic initiatives.
- We promote advancement opportunities across the organization to help you meet your career goals.
- We have training programs to help you develop the skills required to be successful in your role. We hire smart people who are keen to build a career with AWS, so we are more interested in the areas that you do know instead of those you haven’t been exposed to yet.
- Support engineers interested in travel have presented training or participated in focused summits across our sites or at specific AWS events.
- As we operate on a follow-the-sun model, with Premium Support sites located globally, there is no after hours on-call or mandated overtime in this role.
Want to know more about our opportunities? Visit our Student Events page to register for one of our upcoming virtual events: https://amazonstudentevents.splashthat.com/careers
- Knowledge of internet fundamentals and cloud computing concepts.
- Familiarity with Database, Storage, & Big Data concepts.
- Experience with troubleshooting Networks (e.g., TCP/IP, DNS, routing, switching, firewalls, LAN/WAN, traceroute, iperf, dig, cURL or related).
- Comfortable working in a Linux/Unix environment.
Amazon Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer, and we value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Amazon is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from South African citizens who are members of designated groups who may contribute to Employment Equity within the workplace and the further diversification of ideas. In this regard, the relevant laws and principles associated with Employment Equity will be considered when appointing potential candidates. We are required by law to verify your ability to work lawfully in South Africa. Amazon requires that you submit a copy of either your identity document or your passport and any applicable work permit if you are a foreign national, along with an updated curriculum vitae
EU Student Programs Team
BE SOCIAL BY SHARING THIS POST WITH OTHERS!!