Michelle Botes: Biography of Michelle Botes: Age, Husband, Career & Net Worth
Michelle Botes (born 12 October 1962) is an award-winning South African actress, who has starred in various TV series, stage plays, commercials and movies.
|Full Name||Michelle Botes|
|Date of Birth||12 October 1962 (age 58 years old)|
Michelle Botes Age
She was born on the 12th of October, 1962 in Cape Town, South Africa. As of 2020, she is 58 years old.
She graduated from Stellenbosch University with a Performing Arts degree in Speech and Drama (Bilingual) and a Diploma in Education from the University of Cape Town.
Michelle has taught Afrikaans, English, and drama, as well as aromatherapy and costume and wardrobe design. She has also received training in translation and presentation.
Michelle Botes Husband
She met her husband Ian Roberts on the set. They couldn’t stand each other at first, but they quickly realized they were in love.
She got married to Ian at the age of 27 wearing an ivory wedding gown down the aisle to the pulpit. Together, they have a son and a daughter. After eleven years of marriage, the couple divorced, but they remain friends.
She is a well-known South African actress, best known for portraying the role of the super-fairy Cherel de Villiers in Isidingo (1998-2007, 2010).
In 2007, she had a starring role in Binneland Sub Judice for three (3) years. Michelle played Ingrid Jordaan on the M-Net Afrikaans-language soapie Ingrid Jordaan, which she left in 2010.
- In 2005, Michelle was honored as the most stylish South African celebrity by Elle magazine , JFPI Corporation and the Sunday Times newspaper .
- She received the Duku Duku Award four years in a row, including in 2005 as “Best Onscreen Villian” (and on top of that, she was the only woman nominated in the category).
- She has won the Crystal Award for Best Actress three times. She and Robert Whitehead (Barker Haines) also received an award for Best TV Couple in Isidingo.
- At the 19th annual Avanti Awards, Michelle was nominated for Best Actress for her role in Isidingo.
- The newspaper The Star‘s Top 100 her in 2002 placed among the top 10 on television.
- G-Sport named Botes “Woman of the Month” in October 2006 (see external links).
- Lover Under the Weapon, 1987
- Dear Heaven, Genis! , 1987 as Santie
- Palang van Dwaal as Mary
- Arende as Princess
- Kings as Santie
- Triptych as Bibi (Barbara Brinkman) (1993)
- Ingrid Jonker, A Child Full of Secrets (KKNK, 1995)
- Until Death Do Us Part (stage, 2001)
- Isidingo as Cherel de Villiers
- Binneland Sub Judice as Ingrid Jordaan
- Bakgat 2, 2010 as an older woman in a red skirt
She has an estimated net worth of $300,000 which she has earned as an actress.
SHARE THIS POST WITH OTHERS: