IHS Markit Vacancy Application Details.
The IHS Markit Jobs Vacancy application form, requirements, eligibility, available positions, qualifications needed, application guidelines, how to apply, closing date, and other important vacancies link are published here on Myapplications.co.za as obtained from the official Jobs Carriers website/portal.
IHS Markit Jobs Vacancy
Company & Team – “About Us”
The IHS Markit Economics and Country Risk (ECR) division has a Team that produces the South African Regional eXplorer (ReX) product, which leads the way in modelling sub‑national economic and socio‑economic data.
IHS Markit works closely with our clients to bring local municipal insights to their fingertips. Our critical information drives monitoring and evaluation on key regional performance indicators and developmental planning.
The ReX team based in Centurion, Pretoria, focuses on gathering and processing regional data, maintaining, and developing spatial models to produce and update this comprehensive regional database.
Duties and Responsibilities – “Your Role”
You will be a key member of the IHS Markit Regional (ReX) team. Reporting to Senior Research and Data Analysts, you will drive the data gathering and processing tasks required to maintain and grow the ReX product.
Key responsibilities include:
- Identify and source various datasets in the field of socio‑economic statistics.
- Perform data-oriented tasks: gathering, cleaning, processing, transforming, analysing, visualising, interpreting
- Conduct topical research related to the model; investigate the strengths and weaknesses of the underlying datasets
- Liaise with stakeholders on a regular basis to provide feedback and assistance where required
Job Requirements – “About You”
The candidate must be a curious, intelligent, and proactive team player. The position will require from a candidate wide exposure to multiple disciplines, you will need a basic understanding of at least two of the following and be willing to grow in the other:
- Economics/Agricultural Economics/Town Planner
You will be using a wide array of tools and technologies to perform your tasks. From basic data capturing work to more sophisticated data source management: MS Excel, R Scripting, Web Scraping, Relational databases and SQL queries, Git Version Control, Shapefile cleaning, Data Fusion.
- Completed B.Com Honours or M.Com Degree
- Big advantage: experience working in data-scares environments; using modelling techniques to fill the data‑gaps
- Research mentality: creative and enquiring; technically inclined; logical approach to problem solving; work independently, as well as part of a team; communicate effectively
- Work under pressure and meet deadlines
Job Benefits – “What we offer”
- Benefits of a large multi-national corporate culture while also working in a small agile, high-performing, and innovative team
- Cash incentive plan
- Development plan for further career development and opportunity to work with world experts in the field
- Flexible working hours to allow you to attend your family
- Strong client base and broad product exposure
*This is not a remote role and will be based in the Centurion office*
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
BE SOCIAL BY SHARING THIS POST WITH OTHERS!!