Romeo Kumalo: Biography of Romeo Kumalo, Age, Wife, Profile & Career
Romeo Kumalo is a South African businessman born in 1972 in Johannesburg, South Africa. He is the CEO of Washirika and is also a former Chief Executive Officer of International Business at Vodacom.
Romeo Kumalo Age
He was born in 1972 in Johannesburg, South Africa. His particular date of birth (day and month) is not known.
Romeo Kumalo Jobs & Career
2016- Present: CEO Washirika a pan African investment holding and private equity company with investment holdings and private equity company with investments in the communication, construction, clean energy and ICT sector.
2013- 2016: CEO of International Business at Vodacom.
- He was charged with growing and expanding the portfolio across the continent. Vodacom International has local partners in all operations and part of its role was to manage all shareholder relations and represent Vodacom/Vodafone groups at various stakeholder levels and forums.
- Part of the portfolio included managing coordination of Vodafone / Vodacom business development and delivery activities across Africa.
- Vodacom International now contributes 22% to Vodacom group revenues and 15% to group EBITDA. I was also involved in a number of M&A deals and commercial negotiations.
- He was a member of Vodacom Group Executive Committee reporting to the Group CEO and a member of the AMAP regional CEO forum.
March 2011- May 2012: Chief Commercial Officer at Vodacom
- He managed the customer experience strategy across the group.
- He was also responsible for group commercial strategy including, group marketing and brand, distribution and pricing across all operations.
2007-2010: Executive Commercial Director at Vodacom, Johannesburg Area, South Africa
- He was charged with managing consumer business unit with over 20 million customers, generating over 40 billion in revenues with a staff complement of more than 1000.
- Core responsibilities included product development, sales and distribution, marketing and brand, sponsorships, wholesale and carrier services, financial services and customer value management.
- He served as an Executive Director on the Board of Vodacom South Africa as a member of the Vodacom Group Executive Committee.
- He was also a member of Vodacom Group Risk Management Committee and a Director of Vodacom Financial Services Company and a member of Vodacom’s Capital Investment Review Board, a committee that determines and decides on capital budget allocation and funding of priority projects.
2005- 2007: Managing Director Vodacom Tanzania
- He was given the opportunity of managing the Vodacom group’s second-biggest market with revenues of over five billion ZAR. Managing all aspects of the network P&L business includes developing strategy, managing operations (project management, network build & rollout, IT and Billing, sales, customer operations, brand and marketing, legal and regulations.
- Developing the distribution channels and building relationships with both trade and business partners as well as other key stakeholders including the government.
- Managing people focusing on attraction and retention of talent as well as people development.
2004 – 2004: Group Executive; Strategy and Business Development, Johannesburg Area, South Africa.
- His task was to assist the COO to manage the Africa operations and find new opportunities for growth on the continent to expand the portfolio.
2000- 2004: General Manager SABC Tv.
1997- 2000: General Manager at Metro FM.
Romeo Kumalo Wife & Children
Romeo Kumalo got married to Basetsana Kumalo in 2000 and together they have three children; uShaka Kgositsile Emmanuel Kumalo, Bontle ba Morena Jasmine Kumalo, Nkosinathi Gabriel Kumalo.
Romeo Kumalo Twitter
Romeo Kumalo Instagram
SHARE THIS POST WITH OTHERS: