King Buyelekhaya Dalindyebo: Biography of King Buyelekhaya Dalindyebo, Age, Wife, Son & Net Worth
Buyelekhaya Zwelinbanzi Dalindyebo ka Sabata (born 1964) whose praise name is Zwelibanzi is a king of the abaThembu in South Africa.
His father is Sabata Jonguhlanga Dalindyebo who was a previous king and a descendant of the amaHala dynasty, and ruler of the current bakwaDalindyebo lineage.
|Full Name||Buyelekhaya Zwelinbanzi Dalindyebo ka Sabata|
|Date of Birth||1964 (age 57 years old)|
|Spouse||Queen Nokwanda Dalindyebo|
|Net Worth||R20 million|
Buyelekhaya Dalindyebo Age
He was born in the year 1964 in Cape Town, South Africa. He is 57 years old as of 2021.
Buyelekhaya Dalindyebo Wife & Son
He is married to Queen Nokwanda Dalindyebo and together they have a son named Azenathi Zanelizwe Dalindyebo
Buyelekhaya Dalindyebo Arrest
- He was in May 2005 indicted for fraud, murder, attempted murder, kidnapping and arson at the Mthatha High Court, and was subsequently convicted.
- When Helen Zille was the Democratic Alliance (DA) party leader, the DA in 2013 recruited Dalindyebo to join the party.
- President Jacob Zuma was written to in July 2014 by a group of Thembu chiefs requesting that Dalindyebo be removed, claiming he was an “evil king” and “not fit to rule”
- Dalindyebo was sentenced to 12 years in prison in October 2015 and his membership of the DA was terminated.
- Dalindyebo made last-minute efforts to avoid incarceration by petitioning President Jacob Zuma for a presidential pardon in December 2015. A second bid for a presidential pardon was launched in early 2016
Eastern Cape police on Friday confirmed that AbaThembu king Buyelekhaya Dalindyebo has been arrested.
He allegedly confronted members of his family at the Bumbane Great Place in the early hours of Friday.
Police spokesperson Brigadier Thembinkosi Kinana said a case had been opened against the king by his son and acting regent king Azenathi Dalindyebo.
“Azenathi opened a case of malicious damage to property and assault by threats at the Bityi police station,” Kinana said.
Dalindyebo, who was released on parole in December, allegedly arrived at the great place at 2am.
Royal spokesperson Nkosi Dumisani Mgudlwa, said it was alleged that the king broke into the main house where Azenathi was sleeping with his wife and son.
Dalindyebo was released on parole after spending four years behind bars, following the remission of sentence announcement for certain categories of prisoners by President Cyril Ramaphosa last year.
He had handed himself over to prison authorities at Wellington Prison in Mthatha on December 31 2015 where he started a 12-year sentence. This was after he was found guilty of arson, kidnapping and defeating the ends of justice.
SHARE THIS POST WITH OTHERS: