Ebrahim Patel: Biography of Ebrahim Patel, Age, Education, Net Worth & Awards
Ebrahim Patel (born 1962) is a South African politician who currently serves as the Minister of Trade and Industry in South Africa. He’s a member of the ANC.
Patel has previously held the position of Minister of Economic Development from 2009-2019.
|Full Name||Ebrahim Patel|
|Date of Birth||1962 (age 59 years old)|
|Net Worth||$1 million|
Ebrahim Patel Age
Patel was born in 1962 in Cape Town, South Africa and grew up in Lansdowne and Grassy Park. He is 59 years old as of 2021.
Ebrahim Patel Education
Patel achieved academic excellence while in high school. He graduated from high school in 1979 finishing as one of the top 10 matriculants nationwide.
He went on to the University of the Western Cape for his tertiary education but had to complete his studies at the University of Cape Town due to delays from being politically active.
- Minister of Trade and Industry at National Executive (Executive) since 29th May 2019
- Member at National Assembly (Parliament) since 22nd May 2019
- Member at African National Congress (ANC) (Party)
- 137th Candidate at African National Congress National Election List 2019 (Election List) from 23rd April 2019 until 8th May 2019
- Minister of Economic Development at National Executive (Executive) from 26th May 2014 until 7th May 2019
- Member at National Assembly (Parliament) from 21st May 2014 until 7th May 2019
- Constituency Contact at ANC Constituency Office (605): Atlantis, Mamre, Pella, Surrounding Farms (Constituency Office) from 21st May 2014 until 7th May 2019
- Member-elect at National Assembly (Parliament) from 16th May 2014 until 21st May 2014
- 55th Candidate at African National Congress National Election List 2014 (Election List) from 22nd April 2014 until 7th May 2014
- Constituency Contact at ANC Constituency Office (638): Vredendal (Constituency Office) from 10th May 2014 until 6th May 2014
- Member at National Assembly (Parliament) until 6th May 2014
- Constituency Contact at ANC Constituency Office (638): Vredendal (Constituency Office) until 6th May 2014
- Minister of Economic Development at National Executive (Executive) until 24th April 2014
Ebrahim Patel Membership
- Board Member of National Economic Forum (NEF)
- Board Member of Commission for Conciliation, Mediation, and Arbitration (CCMA)
- Member of Presidential Working Group for Organised Labour.
- Board Member of Financial and Fiscal Commission and Judicial Service Commission.
- Board Member of Chris Hani Institute.
- Member of Textile Industry Training Board.
- Member of Clothing Industry Training Board.
- Board Member of Council for Higher Education.
- COSATU Central Executive Committee Member
- Member of Proudly South African Board
- Millennium Labour Council Member
- Member of University of Cape Town Council
- Acting President of South African Labour Research Institute
2008: He was awarded a special medal by UCT at the June graduation ceremony, in recognition of his public service.
1994: He received the Global Leaders of Tomorrow award from the Davos-based Global Economic Forum
He was named as one of the 500 most influential Muslims in the world today in a major public report compiled by Georgetown University and the Royal Islamic Strategic Studies Centre, Jordan.
He has an estimated net worth of $1 million which he has earned as a politician.
SHARE THIS POST WITH OTHERS: