University of the Western application form | How to Apply Online.
All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for the University of the Western before the application deadline.
The University of the Western application form, requirements, eligibility, application guidelines, application deadline-closing date, and other opportunities updates are published here on Studentspen.com for free.
University of the Western Application Instruction
- The University of the Western application is totally free of charge
- Don’t send anyone money for this opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Opportunities Update.
Details of University of the Western.
Applications are open for the University of the Western Cape Food Environment Research Group Postdoctoral Fellowship 2022. The Food Environment Research group (a collective from Department of Dietetics and Nutrition, School of Public Health and the DSI/NRF Center of Excellence in Food Security) at the University of the Western Cape under the leadership of Prof Rina Swart is seeking Post-doctoral Research Fellows to work on several studies related to the food environment in South Africa.
The positions will provide successful candidates with research and publication opportunities including further training, career development, and collaboration with national and international researchers. The Postdoctoral Fellows will be required to register at the University of the Western Cape, except for project 4 who may register at UNISA.
- The fellowships are initially tenable for one year starting in 2022, and is valued at R200,000 per annum (tax free). A one year renewals is likely, but dependent on satisfactory progress.
- Candidates must have completed a PhD in the last five years. For applicants who did not obtain their qualification in South Africa, a valid SAQA certificate should be in hand at the time of application.
- The field of study should be in Public Health, Nutrition, Health Economics, Medical Sciences or related fields.
- Have a strong academic record with evidence of research experience and peer-reviewed publications.
- Be physically present in South Africa, due to the nature of the research projects.
- Have not hold a previous post-doc appointment.
Additional requirements are provided under each study:
- Food Consumption patterns in South Africa: The postdoctoral fellow will be responsible for assisting with the management of the National Dietary intake survey for which data collection will start in February 2022. Additional requirements include a nutrition background; knowledgeable of/experience with dietary intake methodology and nutrient analysis. Candidates with training in behavioural science or behavioural economics (with an interest in nutrition/health behaviour) may also be considered. Strong quantitative or qualitative analytical skills will be advantageous.
- Gut-microbiome and nutrition: Additional requirements include a background in nutrition with an interest in gut-microbiome. Candidates with a background in Microbiology, Biotechnology, Human Biology or Physiology may be considered, provided the candidate has an interest in nutrition. Strong quantitative analytical skills will be advantageous.
- PURE (Prospective Urban Rural Epidemiology) study: The postdoctoral fellow will be responsible for assisting with the management of the 3rd round of data collection and follow up. Applicants with clinical background in either Medicine, Nursing, Human Biology/ Physiology or Nutrition will be considered. Additional requirement for this position: Fluency in Xhosa is highly desirable. Strong quantitative analytical skills will be advantageous.
- Cardiovascular, haemostatic and micronutrient status of pregnant women in urban food environments – the CHAMP study: The postdoctoral fellow will be responsible for assisting with the management of the CHAMP project at UNISA and will work under supervision of UNISA researchers.
Candidates should provide the following:
- A cover letter (1-2 pages) motivating for the candidate’s suitability and identifying the specific project(s) of interest.
- A CV including all publications and other scholarly research output.
- Evidence of publication record and writing skills (which can be copies of or a link to relevant previous peer-reviewed publication).
- An academic transcript.
- For those who require a SAQA certificate please include the copy of the certificate.
- Names and contact details of at least 3 referees who have supervised or worked with the candidate and can speak to their experience and skills.
Enquiries and completed application should be emailed to Carnita Ernest, [email protected] with cc to Rina Swart [email protected]. Use subject heading: Application for Postdoctoral Fellowship (Food Environments).
Completed applications need to be submitted by no later than 5pm on 10 January 2022.
For more information, visit University of the Western.
However, if you have any Feeling regarding the University of the Western application, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
Be Social By Sharing this post with Others!