Catto Msc & PhD Scholarships application form | How to Apply Online.
All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for the Catto Msc & PhD Scholarships before the application deadline.
The Catto Msc & PhD Scholarships application form, requirements, eligibility, application guidelines, application deadline-closing date, and other opportunities updates are published here on Studentspen.com for free.
Catto Msc & PhD Scholarships Application Instruction
- The Catto Msc & PhD Scholarships application is totally free of charge
- Don’t send anyone money for this opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Opportunities Update.
Details of Catto Msc & PhD Scholarships.
The Centre of African Studies, University of Edinburgh is pleased to announce the availability of one full scholarship for suitable female applicants from Africa to study for an MSc in Africa and International Development and subsequent PhD in African Studies or, where more suitable, go directly into a PhD.
The funding covers four years of support in either case. The successful applicant will start their studies in September 2022. This Scholarship is made possible through generous funding from the Stephen Gordon Catto Charitable Trust. It will cover full fees as well as an annual stipend of £15,840 during the one-year MSc and in the subsequent three years of PhD study or throughout four years of PhD study. Upfront support of £4000 will also be provided to help cover UK visa application costs, travel costs to Edinburgh and any other costs incurred by the awardee before arriving in Edinburgh.
This scholarship has been designed to offer a combined package in order to enable those who may not feel they have sufficient research experience to embark on a PhD to get that grounding with an MSc. The MSc year helps build a bridge between undergraduate studies and the PhD. We hope the combined package of support encourages some who may not have thought a PhD was in reach to re-consider. A key goal of the scholarship is to diversify the scholars from the African continent who contribute original and important research to African Studies.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be a female who is normally domiciled in an African country listed here.
- have received an excellent undergraduate degree (minimum of a high 2.1) in the social sciences from an accredited university in Africa (a Masters degree achieved with distinction will be an advantage for those wishing to go directly into a PhD).
- not have previously received a degree from a university outside Africa (with the exception of current or former students of The University of Edinburgh).
- demonstrate commitment to studying for a PhD in African Studies.
- demonstrate leadership potential (broadly defined), and intention to maximize the impact of their research.
- have submitted an application to study for the MSc in Africa and International Development and/or the PhD in African Studies at the University of Edinburgh by 15 April 2022.
How to Apply
If you are interested and meet all of the above, please submit:
- A summary of your research proposal (maximum 2 pages).
- A cover letter indicating your motivations and future plans (maximum 1 page).
- An academic CV, clearly showing class of degree and previous educational achievements (maximum 2 pages).
- A letter of reference from an academic familiar with your work.
The PDF document must be named as follows: First Name Surname_CATTO APPLICATION_2022
Example: Idia Asante_CATTO APPLICATION_2022
All applications must use the email subject line: CATTO SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION 2022
Applications must be submitted in a single pdf document on or before 12:00 Noon GMT on 30 April 2022 to [email protected]
For More Information:
However, if you have any Feeling regarding the Catto Msc & PhD Scholarships application, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
Be Social By Sharing this post with Others!