Human Sciences Research Council Vacancy Application Details.
The Human Sciences Research Council Jobs Vacancy application form, requirements, eligibility, available positions, qualifications needed, application guidelines, how to apply, closing date, and other important vacancies link are published here on Myapplications.co.za as obtained from the official Jobs Carriers website/portal.
Human Sciences Research Council Jobs Vacancy
CeSTII seeks to appoint two highly motivated and capable Statistical and Data Analysts who will be based in Cape Town, working with the statistical analysis team. The level of appointment will depend on the mix of qualifications and experience of the successful candidates.
- Extracting data from R&D and innovation survey databases using query language and advanced database tools.
- Guarding and protecting the organization’s data, ensuring that the databases produce consistent, correct and reusable data.
- Managing and maintaining existing computerised and conventional filing systems.
- Performing data manipulations, validations and analysis for mandatory report writing and ad hoc requests.
- Supporting and informing processes to upgrade and test survey databases
- Automation of data analysis procedures and documentation of data management processes.
- Assisting in planning and managing databases for new surveys on aspects of the national systems of innovation.
- Develop systems to track users of CeSTII’s data, reporting on these on a regular basis, and networking with key staff, data users and stakeholders.
- Delivering high quality results to budget and to meet deadlines
- Communicating research findings in the form of databases, data tables, figures and diagrams.
- Assisting in managing data that is submitted to CeSTII’s main stakeholders such as NEPAD-NCP, OECD-NESTI-MSTI, UNESCO_UIS
- Publication in high impact journals
- A minimum of a Honours degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Science, or social science with a quantitative background.
- A couple of years’ research-related experience.
- At least one sole or co-authored publication.
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (such as Excel, SPSS, SAS, R).
- Expertise and proven experience in queries, report writing using and understanding relational databases including SQL, postgresql, MS Access, with strong capabilities to apply these programmes in survey data management and analyses.
- Demonstrable mastery of basic computer skills (typical office suite Software); MS Access and other database management programmes and capabilities to apply these programmes in survey data management and analysis.
- Experience and strengths in statistical analysis.
- Experience in creating interactive data and graphs.
- Experience in documentation of data procedures.
- Experience and understanding how measurement instruments, particularly large scale surveys, relate to databases and data extractions.
- Excellent team, communication, leadership and people skills are required, as this is a cross-cutting role.
- Intellectual and personal integrity, imagination, adaptability and drive.
In your application, please include a letter of motivation indicating your suitability for the position, your CV; the names of three contactable referees (with telephone, fax and e-mail contact details). Please indicate the applicable reference number.
The HSRC will only consider applications that include the above requirements. Applicants may be required to undertake a written exercise in the competencies required for the position.
Please submit your application on-line at http://hsrc.jb.skillsmapafrica.com/
Please note the following:
- Ensure you use Google Chrome or Firefox from a computer or laptop, and not a cell phone
- Only your CV can be uploaded on the first page after you have registered/logged in.
- ALL OTHER DOCUMENTS can be uploaded on the “Document” tab on your profile
- Attachments must be less than 2 MB.
Enquiries (not applications or CVs) may be directed to Dr Atoko Kasongo via email at [email protected]
The HSRC is committed to accelerating the improvement in the proportion of its black, female or disabled senior managers, research leaders and support staff.
Closing date: 27 July 2021. We encourage applicants to submit prior to this date. Applicants who have not been contacted within eight weeks of the closing date should assume that their application has been unsuccessful. Only candidates interviewed will be advised of the outcome of their applications.
The HSRC reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Details of the HSRC can be found on the website, at www.hsrc.ac.za
BE SOCIAL BY SHARING THIS POST WITH OTHERS!!