Human Sciences Research Council Vacancy Application Details.
The Human Sciences Research Council Jobs Vacancy application form, requirements, eligibility, available positions, qualifications needed, application guidelines, how to apply, closing date, and other important vacancies link are published here on Myapplications.co.za as obtained from the official Jobs Carriers website/portal.
Human Sciences Research Council Jobs Vacancy
The Centre for Science, Technology and Innovation Indicators (CeSTII) is a specialist research centre within the Human Sciences Research Council that is dedicated to producing policy relevant research and statistical analysis in the domain of science, technology and innovation. CeSTII has a vision to be a thought and practice leader, as well as, an acknowledged site of excellence in its field and aims to consolidate its position as a value-adding component of South Africa’s national innovation system. To this end, the leadership of CeSTII with the full support of the Executive team and Board of the HSRC, is embarking on a recruitment strategy that will build on the existing strong team and excellent reputation by expanding to include specialists in the area of science, technology and innovation policy as well as economic development and other social science disciplines. The Centre is placing more attention on project and programme management and strengthening its performance culture and will be recruiting persons with skills, training and experience in those areas.
3 year contract
(Ref.No. PA/CeSTII 03.2021)
CESTII wishes to appoint a Personal Assistant (PA) reporting directly to the Executive Head (EH), on a 3-year contract, to be based in Cape Town.
The PA will establish and maintain a working environment conducive to strategic management, by providing top-level secretarial and administrative support to the Executive Head. As such, duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Coordination and facilitation of the DED’s diary and email;
- Planning and coordination of arrangements for internal and external meetings;
- Screening of incoming correspondence to prioritize and assess for further action;
- Preparation of letters, memoranda, spreadsheets and other documents and review and editing of documents prepared for the DED’s endorsement;
- Preparation of agendas and materials for meetings; minute taking and record keeping of proceedings;
- Establishment and maintenance of filing and record management systems for the DED’s office;
- Facilitation of travel arrangements;
- Liaison between the DED and staff in local and regional offices;
- Support to special projects in the DED’s office;
- Transmission of directives, instructions and assignments to staff; follow-up and reporting back to the DED.
- A minimum of a post matric qualification (Degree/National Diploma in Office Administration);
- A minimum of two years’ proven experience as a PA;
- Proven experience relevant to the duties as described above;
- Proficiency in English, with excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Proven proficiency in the use of computer software applications, notably the MS Office suite, electronic mail and diary management and internet;
- The ability to function independently and under pressure;
- High level of integrity and professionalism to liaise with top-level stakeholders and perform duties in a sensitive and confidential manner when necessary;
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills;
- A commitment to excellence, attention to detail and meticulous and accurate execution of tasks;
- Must be able to work in a diverse and multi-cultural environment;
APPLICATIONS: In your application, please include a letter of motivation indicating your suitability for the position, your CV; the names of three contactable referees (with telephone, fax and e-mail contact details). Please indicate the applicable reference number.
The HSRC will only consider applications that include the above requirements. Applicants may be required to undertake a written exercise in the competencies required for the position.
Please submit your application on-line at http://hsrc.jb.skillsmapafrica.com/ or to the HR Department, HSRC, Merchant House,116 – 118 Buitengracht Street, Cape Town. If you experience problems applying online, please send your applications to [email protected] with the reference number PA/CeSTII 03.2021 in the subject line. Applications that do not adhere to this, will not be considered. Enquiries (not applications or CVs) may be directed to Maria Maluleke at [email protected] The HSRC is committed to accelerating the improvement in the proportion of its black, female or disabled senior managers, research leaders and support staff.
Closing date: 25 March 2021. We encourage applicants to submit prior to this date. Applicants who have not been contacted within eight weeks of the closing date should assume that their application has been unsuccessful. Only candidates interviewed will be advised of the outcome of their applications.
THE HSRC RESERVES THE RIGHT TO NOT MAKE AN APPOINTMENT.
Details of the HSRC can be found on the website, at www.hsrc.ac.za
APPLICATIONS FROM RECRUITMENT AGENCIES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
BE SOCIAL BY SHARING THIS POST WITH OTHERS!!
Originally posted 2021-03-12 15:13:59.