Hogan Lovells Vacancy Application Details.
The Hogan Lovells Jobs Vacancy application form, requirements, eligibility, available positions, qualifications needed, application guidelines, how to apply, closing date, and other important vacancies link are published here on Myapplications.co.za as obtained from the official Jobs Carriers website/portal.
Hogan Lovells Jobs Vacancy
Keen to become part of a truly global, collaborative team of professionals? Your journey begins here.
The Junior Compliance Researcher assists with research on clients of the firm as part of the New Business Intake process. Other tasks include maintaining and building on the firm’s knowledge databases relevant to Compliance and related responsibilities.
Key Performance Areas and Accountabilities
Client Research and Knowledge Administration:
- Assist with client due diligence (CDD) related research and enquiries received from the Compliance team using a wide range of business and legal information sources.
- Assist the Compliance team in the use of the firm’s information systems for research purposes.
- Conduct research skills training for colleagues.
- Coordinate research workloads in accordance with applicable deadlines.
- Contribute ideas towards and actively support service development.
- Share learnings on internal knowledge solutions such as team knowledge databases at team meetings for purposes of continuous service improvement..
- Liaise with knowledge and research services vendors.
- Other duties or responsibilities as may be required and in line with core function.
- Conduct CDD on new and existing clients where required.
- Conduct risk rating reviews on clients taking into account the information gathered during the CDD process (including research relating to ongoing investigations ie adverse press) and offer recommendations on individual client risk ratings. .
- Identify PEPs, influential persons, presence on Sanctions lists, criminal activity and adverse press when screening clients, their directors and shareholders using external subscription databases, and escalate identified issues where appropriate.
- Provide advice and guidance to colleagues and support team members in relation to the interpretation of project documents obtained.
- Participate in administrative projects specifically relating to Research.
- Liaise with colleagues in order to address any issues regarding the project workflow where necessary..
- Grade 12 or equivalent (NQF 4) – Required
- BCom, LLB or equivalent (at least in final year of studies) (NQF 6/7) – Required
Mental & Environmental / Legal Requirements
- Must be able to handle pressure, setbacks and a high level of stress
- Must be able to work to deadlines
- Must be able to maintain strict adherence to confidentiality policies
- Must have clear criminal record
- 1 years’ p revious work experience, including any part time work at Operational level – Required
- 1 years’ Compliance/AML related workd experience at Operational level – Recommended
- Microsoft Office – Intermediate (Required)
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of a centralised/ share services environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organisational, administrative and time management skills
- Commercial awareness
- Ability to handle queries efficiently with diplomacy and tact
- Ability to follow instructions precisely
- Adapting and responding to change
- Strong work ethic with an inherent sense of urgency
- Delivering results and meeting business expectations
- Working with others
- Delivering through others
- Applicants must be South African citizens or have a valid South African work permit
- Preference will be given to Employment Equity candidates
- Preference will be given to candidates who are living with a disability
If you have not had any response from us within 21 days of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Hogan Lovells Services (South Africa) Limited (incorporated in England) is an equal opportunity employer. All positions are placed in accordance with the Company’s Employment Equity Plan.
Your application and all personal information provided by you is protected under the Protection of Personal Information Act (4 of 2013), hereinafter referred to as the “Act”.
Hogan Lovells Services (South Africa) Limited, with its head offices at 140 West Street in Sandton, Johannesburg , is collecting your personal information to enable us to facilitate your application and /or assess your suitability for the advertised position. Your information will be retained for a period of 12 months and disposed of immediately thereafter if you are unsuccessful in your application. Where employment is offered, it will be retained as part of your employee portfolio and secured accordingly. You understand and agree that your personal information is given to us, by you, voluntarily and of your own free will. If you do not wish to provide us with this information, are unable to do so, or object to it being used, it will result in the disqualification of your application. In the course of the recruitment process, and for matters related to your application only, we may share your information with selected third parties as well as internally within the Hogan Lovells International and Hogan Lovells US LLP group. These data transfers are protected by data transfer agreements providing for appropriate, reasonable technical and organisational security measures. Should you be selected for the position, we may require further information from you including but not limited to copies of your certificates/qualifications, references, and proof of identification. We may conduct a criminal check, but should we do so, it will take place in accordance with labour legislation. You have the right to access this information while in our possession and make corrections if necessary. You have the right to lodge a complaint via email with the office of the Information Regulator, at [email protected] , if you are unhappy with the manner in which we deal with your information.
By submitting your application, you hereby declare your understanding of the aforementioned information and consent to the processing of your information in accordance with the Act, as well as the processing of further personal information which may be requested by us in the future for the purposes of processing your application, including but not limited to banking details, criminal history and credit reports/financial history information. This processing would be subject to the same aforementioned provisions.
BE SOCIAL BY SHARING THIS POST WITH OTHERS!!