Coega Development Corporation Vacancy Application Details.
The Coega Development Corporation Jobs Vacancy application form, requirements, eligibility, available positions, qualifications needed, application guidelines, how to apply, closing date, and other important vacancies link are published here on Myapplications.co.za as obtained from the official Jobs Carriers website/portal.
Coega Development Corporation Jobs Vacancy
The Communications Officer is accountable to the Corporate Communications & Stakeholder Relations Manager.
The key purpose of the Communications Officer is to provide strategic and operational support to the Communications & Stakeholder Relations Manager, and to further implement all CDC internal and external Communications, Public Relations and Stakeholder Management Plans.
3 RESPONSIBILITIES & OBLIGATIONS
- Assist the CDC’s Digital Media Specialist and the Graphic Design Studio with the day-to-day management and updating of the owned digital and online platform, such as the intranet, website and mobile applications;
- Develop content for CDC shared media platforms, such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, and other social media networks that may be developed from time-to-time;
- Lead work on the periodic updating of design, copy/content, and production of the CDC Publications, which include the [email protected] (internal Newsletter), and the Coega Business Insight (external newsletter);
- Lead weekly editorial and planning meetings for CDC press statements as well as for the [email protected] and the Coega Business Insight, which will Include:
- The content and look and feel of each edition;
- Writing and sourcing articles from internal and external contributors and/or sources;
- Sub-editing and proof reading of articles;
- Sourcing, formatting images and obtaining approvals for use of stock images; and
- Liaising with external Service Providers when required for advertisements and printing purposes.
- Co-ordinate the production of other internal and external communications and publications materials, in consultation with other Business Units of the CDC;
- Contribute to the ongoing review and development of stakeholder communications, marketing and branding materials in order to ensure that the messaging best achieve the objectives of the CDC;
- Develop, implement and maintain a “house style” in all CDC’s written communications;
- Implement and maintain the CDC’s visual brand identity to support Business Units and external business consultants, as required;
- Develop and maintain an up-to-date CDC’s Photo Library (still and audio visual) for use across a range of communications platforms;
- Contribute in the planning of CDC events, particularly the design and production of communication materials and press releases;
- Lead in developing a media strategy and plan, drafting press releases, responding to media enquiries and building relationship with journalists, particularly the Agenda Setting Media;
- Act as the central point for all media communications within the CDC, and ensure that the CDC’s Spokesperson and Business Sector Experts give consistent messages;
- Conduct regular media analysis and make recommendations to improve media coverage;
- Facilitate interviews for CDC Business Sector Experts, and provide a script and/or background information that may be required;
- Respond to all media enquiries within the agreed timeframes;
- Advise Business Units on the story/news opportunities they should take advantage of;
- Assist Business Units to prepare campaigns and events, including arranging press facilities and hosting media at events;
- Ensure the effective and efficient coordination and implementation of PR and Stakeholder Relations Programmes for the CDC, including those from Business Units and Subsidiary Businesses;
- Work with communities, forums, and other CDC stakeholders to promote the reputational image of the CDC and its programmes;
- Work with CDC managers to promote effective internal communications and staff engagement;
- Be familiar with crisis management procedures and techniques, including business continuity processes;
- Develop, promote and adhere to PR and Communications best practices and implement systems and procedures across all areas of work;
- Remain well-informed of current issues affecting the CDC and monitor PR and media trends;
- Assist the Marketing and Communications Business Unit to manage campaign costs and provide value for money in the delivery of services, as required;
- Ensure that the CDC’s Stakeholder Management Principles and Care Standards are maintained when dealing with members of the public and internal customers;
- Attend meetings as and when required by the manager; and
- Undertake any other duties as required from time-to-time commensurate with the level of this role.
4 QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of a Post Graduate degree or equivalent in Communications, Journalism, Media Studies, Stakeholder Management, or Public Relations;
- A Master’s Degree is a definite advantage;
- A minimum of 10 years relevant work experience in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Media, or Stakeholder Management;
- Proficiency in written and oral English Language as either first language or second language;
- Pay meticulous attention to detail, watching for writing style rules, correcting syntax, fact-checking, and catching punctuation errors, etcetera;
- Ability to multitask, work independently and according to aggressive deadlines;
- Ability to work well with communities and community forums locally and in all provinces of South Africa;
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate clearly and effectively;
- Excellent skills in researching, business writing, copy editing and reviewing of press releases and publications, documents, and articles;
- Ability to express clearly and concisely ideas and concepts in written and oral form;
- Knowledge of how to present information to different audiences;
- Analytical and conceptual skills to think and plan strategically; and
- Proven ability to effectively manage relationships with media, community groups and other key stakeholders.
5 PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
Performance is monitored regularly by reference to Key Performance Indicators and Balanced Scorecard.
The appointment of candidates is subject to the verification of all their credentials (employment history, educational, financial, criminal and any other checks as may be necessary). Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, and if you have not heard from us within two months of submitting your application, please consider it unsuccessful.
All applications must be forwarded to [email protected]
BE SOCIAL BY SHARING THIS POST WITH OTHERS!!