Bergrivier Municipality Vacancy Application Details.
The Bergrivier Municipality Jobs Vacancy application form, requirements, eligibility, available positions, qualifications needed, application guidelines, how to apply, closing date, and other important vacancies links are published here on My applications.co.za as obtained from the official Jobs Carriers website/portal.
Bergrivier Municipality Jobs Vacancy
Bergrivier Municipality ensures the wellbeing of all communities within the Bergrivier region through economic growth, social wellbeing, community
involvement and effective management within a safe and healthy environment. Women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Bergrivier Municipality with its head office in Piketberg and approximately an hour’s drive from Cape Town currently has the following vacancy and awaits
applications from competent persons who comply with the minimum job requirements.
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED
LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS (PORTERVILLE X1 & VELDDRIF X1)
DIRECTORATE: COMMUNITY SERVICES
Requirements: Grade 12 Diploma / Certificate in Law Enforcement Code B driving license Basic First Aid Certificate Proficiency in at least
two of the official languages of the Western Cape (Afrikaans/English/Xhosa-Read, Write and Speak) Good human relations, communication and
interpersonal skills Conflict handling skills Must be physically fit and able bodied · Must work overtime/shifts/standby duties when required · Must
perform duties in the whole area of municipality when required One (1) year relevant experience of the key performance areas.
Key Performance Areas: Performs activities/tasks associated with maintaining law, order, safety and security through the application of laid down
policing, protection and disaster management procedures Attending to processes aimed at ensuring compliance with legislation, municipal by-
laws and regulations in order to ensure any action or situation threatening safety is identified and promptly attended to Monitors the municipal area
and attends to specific security operations and acts on situations/behaviour deemed to be inappropriate or non-conforming Ensure municipal by-
laws, appropriate legislation (illegal squatting, water restriction control, public nuisances, keeping of animals, informal trading, advertising
regulations, etc.), conditional approvals road traffic and safety regulations Co-ordinates specific activities associated with controlling traffic flow
and public safety Undertakes specific activities during disasters/emergency and/or establishes and communicates potential risks and hazard
situations Completes specific reports, statutory documentation and registers and performs special tasks Attends to the application of specific
maintenance sequences with respect to equipment and vehicle Assist with activities to enhance service delivery Any other related specific duties
as requested to the supervisor.
Salary: R 212 532.00 per annum (T09 of a Category 3 Local Authority)
Date of acceptance: 01 March 2022 or as soon as possible
Enquiries: Mr C Cornelissen at 022 913 6000
1. A service bonus equivalent to one month’s salary, where applicable, will be payable and be supplemented by the normal benefits
applicable to the Municipality, including a housing allowance for home owners, subject to certain conditions.
2. The Municipality is an equal opportunity employer and respects the conditions of the Employment Equity Act, preference will be given to
candidates who comply with the Employment Equity Targets.
3. The Municipality is not bound to make any appointment.
4. All appointments are subjected to Police clearings; which means that you give us permission to obtain Police clearance, by applying for a
position at the Municipality.
5. Applications received after the closing date or which have been received without the documentation mentioned below, will not be
6. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for interviews. Applicants can regard their applications as being unsuccessful if no feedback
has been received within six weeks from the closing date.
7. Canvassing of any councillor and/or member of the Appointment Committee and/or any personnel member of the Municipality will not be
allowed and will immediately disqualify applicants.
8. In addition to the minimum job requirements and station mentioned herein, applicants may be expected to work overtime or be on standby,
as well as render services in other parts within the municipal area, as required.
9. Appointment in certain posts is subject to a security clearance and applicants will also undergo an interview and evaluation process and
where necessary, write a trade test.
10. The municipality respects the conditions of the Protection of Personal Information Act. By submitting your information and application you
confirm that the information you have provide to us is true, up to date and correct.
11. Preference will be given to internal and local candidates within the Bergrivier Municipal area.
A covering letter with at least two contactable references (managers, subordinates or peers), must accompany the completed prescribed application form (available
on request at Tel. 022 9136000 or on the municipality’s website www.bergmun.org.za) with certified copies of the necessary qualification certificates, ID document,
Drivers Licence and a Curriculum Vitae (Maximum of 3 pages), (only one post per application form) to reach the Municipal Offices, Piketberg or mailed to P O Box
60, Piketberg 7320 for the attention of Ms W Terry Thomas (Human Resources Officer: Provisioning and Administration) by no later than the closing date.
NO FAXES OR ELECTRONIC APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
CLOSING DATE: FRIDAY, 28 JANUARY 2022 AT 15:00
ADV H LINDE 13 CHURCH STREET
MUNICIPAL MANAGER P O BOX 60
MN 299/2021 7320
BE SOCIAL BY SHARING THIS POST WITH OTHERS!!